These general conditions govern the use by users, who must be registered, of a WiFi network (hereinafter referred to as "wifi") provided free of charge by CGIE. The registration required to access the wifi network implies the user's acceptance of these general terms and conditions and consent to the processing of his/her personal data by CGIE.
The CGIE provides users with a wifi service as far as it is technically, economically and operationally possible. The wifi session is established for a maximum of 10 hours. After this period or after one hour of inactivity, the user will be disconnected and will be able to access it again by reconnecting to the wifi service.
CGIE reserves the right to limit the bandwidth made available.
CGIE does not guarantee the quality of data transmission or the absence of disruption during the provision of the service. The user has no right to the provision of the wifi. CGIE is entitled to block all or part of the service and/or websites at any time.
In order to use the wifi, the user must register himself. The registration is valid for 6 weeks from the date of registration. After registration the user receives his login and password by SMS. After the 6 weeks period or in case of loss of the login data, the user can register again.
D. Rules of use
- The user uses the wifi under his/her own responsibility and holds the CGIE harmless for any damage he/she may cause to the CGIE or to third parties.
- The user is responsible for any direct, indirect, material and immaterial damage caused to the CGIE and/or third parties as a result of using the wifi.
- L’utilisateur s’abstient de toute utilisation abusive, illégale ou inappropriée.
- The user shall refrain from any abusive, illegal or inappropriate use. In this regard, the user shall refrain from using the wifi for :
- the distribution or downloading of data protected by intellectual property law, in violation of applicable laws, for example by using peer-to-peer networks or similar networks or platforms to offer, download, transmit, etc. content protected by copyright (music, videos, films, e-books, etc.);
- the illicit use with the aim of saturation, spamming or unavailability of the wifi infrastructure;
- consultation, storage, conservation or propagation of discriminatory, offensive, insulting, racist, pornographic, pedophilic, defamatory, morally or sexually harassing content, advocating violence, contrary to morality and/or public order;
- in general, any use that infringes or is likely to infringe the rights of third parties and/or the CGIE.
- The user is solely responsible for the content that he/she puts on the Internet via the wifi, as well as the texts or opinions that he/she expresses there.
- The user is solely responsible for the security of his/her mobile equipment, which must be free of viruses and other malicious programs. The CGIE does not guarantee protection against access by third parties to data stored on the User's terminal or transmitted by the User in the course of using the Service. It is the User's responsibility to ensure that his/her data is secure. The User shall not be entitled to claim damages due to the use of an unsecured connection, unless the event causing the damage was caused by intent or gross negligence on the part of CGIE. This applies in particular to damage to the user's hardware or software, loss of data or losses in any form whatsoever in connection with the use of the service. The user uses the wifi access at his/her own risk.
E. Responsibility of the CGIE
a. The CGIE does not guarantee permanent and constant access.
- It has the right to temporarily or permanently suspend the supply of wifi for technical, maintenance or any other reason, and to take all necessary measures to guarantee the operation of the network.
- It also has the right to temporarily suspend or permanently remove, without prior notice and formal notice, a user's access to the wifi in case of excessive use or non-compliance with the rules of use and more generally with the general conditions and/or legislation in force.
b. The CGIE is not responsible :
- in case of interruption or failure of the service ;
- for damage to hardware or software;
- for the confidentiality, authenticity and integrity of data recorded or exchanged via wifi and for damage resulting from the loss, deletion ;
- in case of interception of data by a third party.
c. It is expressly agreed that the CGIE can only be held liable in the event of fraud or gross negligence on its part.
d. CGIE shall not be held liable in the event of force majeure.
F. Applicable law and jurisdiction
The relations between the CGIE and the users are subject to Luxembourg law and to the jurisdictions of the judicial district of Luxembourg City.
The connection to the wifi service generates a cookie, which is used for technical purposes only (access and operation of sessions) and not for traffic analysis.